Sunday, October 28, 2007

Got your brooms ready, Red Sox fans?

I'm posting very late tonight because I wanted to talk about the World Series. Yes, the World Series. Like we have anything else on our collective minds these days.

This has been, as of tonight, an amazing series for us Red Sox fans. More than we ever imagined, especially with the Rockies recent win loss record of 22-1, we're just creaming those Rockie Mountain boys. I thought that they might win a game or two, but it looks as if they might not win anything at all. We're out pitching them, our defense is better, and overall we're just a better, stronger team.

I've never been a fan of the national league. I like the designated hitter, I love that pitchers don't have to hit. I don't quite get why the two leagues can't seem to come to a compromise on those two playing points, but evidentally they can't. And, if they can't even decide how to play the game uniformly throughout both leagues, they certainly can't make every playing field uniform as well. Baseball is the only game where every playing field is different, not only in size but in shape as well.

Watching the Sox play in Coors Field (I HATE THAT NAME!) tonight was amazing. DiceK? Could he have been better? I don't think so. His pitching was fabulous. He actually got a base hit. Did you see him running the bases in his jacket? Then he walked to 1st carrying his bat with him. How cute is he? It's like watching a big giant little league player that's incredibly talented.

One thing we noticed watching the game tonight was the number of shattered bats. Do you think that has something to do with the dry air in Colorado? I've never seen so many split bats in one game.

How about our Rookies? Jacoby Ellesbury? What a fabulous player. Dustin Pedroia? How cute is he, and what a huge boon to our team. He was a real find. DiceK? Who would have thunk, after watching him last spring, that he would end up as such a powerful pitcher in October?

Tomorrow, Jon Lester is pitching. He's come back from cancer last year. What an amazing story he is for our Red Sox. I'm counting on him to sweep the series. I just cannot wait for the parade. I went in 2004 and end up sobbing I was so excited and relieved. My whole life I've been a Sox fan. I'm a third generation fan, my kids are 4th generation fans. My father lived his entire life never having seen his team win the series. It took 52 years for me to see that win in 2004. My kids, they have always seen the Red Sox on top. They've never experienced years and years of being in the basement. They're going to see another World Series before they're even 16.

It doesn't seem quite fair.

I do have a hint for all you watching tomorrow. Turn the sound way down so you don't have to hear Joe Buck and Tim McMoron chattering on about nothing nonstop. The game is so much more enjoyable without them.

See you tomorrow night!

5 comments:

Sharon - Mom Generations said...

Love your post!

Love the Sox!

C'mon, New England Mamas out there... weigh in, will ya?!

This is exciting stuff!

Sharon - Pinks & Blues Girls

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Very exciting!

Watching the game right now. I don't think I'll be able to stay awake for all of it, but if it's anything like 2004 (ahem) I know my huz will wake me with the score. Go Sox!

Major Bedhead said...

Whoooooooo!!!!!! Swept 'em!!

Very, very, VERY excited tonight. This morning. Whatever time it is. I'm just waiting for Papelbon to do his jig.

Anonymous said...

SOX WIN!!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!

PATS WIN !!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!!!

BC WIN !!!!!! ( A LITTLE WOO HOO!!)
UMASS WINN YEAH BABY ( YUP, I'M A UMASS MUM!!)

NE REVOLUTION ......... TIED... OH WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE EVERYTHING!!!!

Kara said...

A to the MEN