Saturday, July 21, 2007

Happy Birthday Boss!

I can still remember the day when I met the very young Boss. I believe she was only 3 weeks old, a peanut in comparison to my girls (the youngest was 11 months old). We met at a local walking trail, me with a backpack and double stroller, her with a super cool sling which had the tiny Boss inside. She looked amazing. I must have looked crazy.

And I finally had a small little girl to pass on some of Moe's clothes. But then the Boss grew. And Moe stayed the same size. Now I believe they are almost the same size.

Over the last two years, I've watched the Boss grow into the cute little blond haired blue-eyed toddler she is today. I've heard her exclaim "what's that" for the longest time, and "thank you" when she was handed things. Last year, I was there for her first birthday. A party for which the rain threatened, but stayed away. My girls were running barefoot circles around her yard and splashing in the kiddie pool.

Happy Birthday Boss! I hope you are now running barefoot through your new yard!

(Binky, I have a picture I'd like to add if it's okay with you!).

2 comments:

Binky said...

Awww, thanks! What a great message to wake up to! It is amazing what can happen in two years, that's for sure. And during those years, The Boss was a very well dressed girl and some fun toys to play with because of the things you gave us :) It's much appreciated. Thanks again for the message. And feel free to add a picture!

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Sweet! Happy Birthday Boss!