Sunday, June 10, 2007

BBQ on City Hall Plaza

Is anyone else going to brave City Hall plaza for the Phantom Gourmet Beach Party BBQ? We got tickets through a friend, and we're going. But I've heard that it's better to have a large-ish party of at least 6 so you can share the sampler plates from all the different vendors. We're all big fans of the Phantom, despite the fact that we've probably never eaten at 99% of the restaurants they review. But the food looks so GOOD. I'm always starving by the end of the show!

I personally think it sucks that you have to buy the food as well as the ticket, which is why they say to get a big party together. Then you don't spend anywhere near as much and you get to sample much more.

So, if you're going and are a small party, wanna get together?

4 comments:

Major Bedhead said...

I've always wanted to go to that, but I've never managed it.

Drives me nuts that I don't get that show any more. I do wish they'd review restaurants that are outside of 128 once in a while - it's very annoying.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

I love that show too! I doubt we'll be at that event though. I'm away the following weekend, so I know the weekend of the event I'll be scrambling to get everything done. . .

Kara said...

we're moving that weekend. TRUST me, I'd rather be eating food and meeting you guys...

Unknown said...

Major B,

They often do restaurants outside 128. In fact, I'd say at least half, if not more of their reviews are places like Portsmouth NH, the Cape, Marlboro, and especially the north shore. They do a lot of seaside places in Hingham and Scituate and towns I never even heard of on the south short. It depends on what the subject is.

They almost NEVER do restaurants around me. Mostly because they all are pretty crappy. Sad but true.