Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Hello from Ladybug's Picnic

Hello everyone! I'm Erin, and I blog at ladybugs-12.blogspot.com. I'm a working mama to my little ladybug Charlotte who is closing in on 14 months old. I've been blogging at this domain for several months, and I've been blogging for over 5 years around the web total. I'm blogging semi-privately for the time being while I work out some career stuff, but will be going back public pretty soon. Probably in the next week or so, actually.

My husband, daughter, and I live about 25 minutes north of Boston, moving here from Cambridge two years ago to become first-time homeowners. I miss Cambridge very much, especially now that I'm a mother. There's not a whole lot going on in my neck of the woods for meeting up with other like-minded moms like there is in the city. Honestly, I would have to say that I'm probably not exactly the mommy-group type but I am thrilled to read that this may lead to meeting other moms in real life.

I'm very excited to be a part of this network and I look forward to getting to know the rest of you as we navigate through mama-hood.

12 comments:

Kara said...

Hi there! I grew up in the Merrimac Valley (if I have your coordinates right, I'm guessing that's where you are?). It'll always be "home" to me even though all the people I grew up with are long gone.

I can't wait to check out your site :)

Greens and Pinks said...

Yes, Merrimack Valley exactly! I grew up here too, and have come home so to speak. I think you said you're close to Worcester, right? I went to college in Woo.

I'm checking out your site tonight, too!

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

Welcome! I'm not much of a mommy group type either, but this is one type of group I can get behind!

Greens and Pinks said...

Thanks, mrs. chicky - my thoughts exactly.

Whirlwind said...

I love your daughter's name (it is actually daughter number 2's name). Your starting to hear that name alot lately.

Life As I Know It said...

Nice to "meet" you. I'm about 25 minutes north of boston as well.

Greens and Pinks said...

Thank you. Truth be told, my husband chose it. We were going for slightly unique but not unheard of. Turns out it's more popular than I thought.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Love your daughter's name as well.

I think this 'mommy group' will turn out to be pretty fun! And not in the crazy perky way either.

Namito said...

Hi Erin,

I too, am not a mommy-group person. Even in Brookline, I have only two women I consider friends, but a vast network of acquaintances my husband refers to as "The Mommy Mafia".

So this network is very, very welcome to me. Great to meet you!

Binky said...

Hi, there. Looking forward to getting to know you and the rest of the women.

Major Bedhead said...

Hey, I have a Charlotte, too. Damn, and here I thought we were being so original.

Greens and Pinks said...

LOL! Ditto, major bedhead!