Thursday, September 20, 2007

You Love the Red Sox, But Have They Ever Loved You Back?*

2 days ago, Eldest and Middle played at my Sis's house. She delivered them back to the Trenches after feeding them (!) and bathing them (YES!)

Middle paraded into the house, wearing nothing but a Derek Jeter shirt and proclaimed loudly, arms outstretched, "Introducing........the newest Yankees fan!" (he had obviously been well coached.)

Needless to say, my Sis loooooves to f*ck with my Hubby.

Before bedtime, Hubby pulled out all the stops to try to convince Middle (who's 3, keep in mind) to take off that shirt. Nothin' doin'. The more Hubby made a big deal about it, the more adamant Middle was that he was WEARING THAT YANKEES SHIRT.

Right before hopping into bed (battle lost by Hubby--shocker, huh?), Middle walked smack into his bedroom doorknob and bonked his head.

Hubby: "You gotta watch where you're goin', bud."

Me to Hubby: "Yeah, but you're really thinking, serves you right, you little turd, for wearing that shirt, aren't you?"

Hubby: "Yep."
*****************************

Things are tense here In the Trenches, folks. The Sox blew it again last night and allowed themselves to be swept by the Blue Jays.

This morning, I had two moping guys on my hands--Hubby and Eldest (he wakes up at 6:30am and immediately turns on NESN to catch the highlowlights.)

Eldest: "Mom, they choked it! Papelbon gave up a grand slam in the 8th. Now it's 90 to 88! (wins) I don't wanna talk about it anymore."

Hubby simply shook his head sadly in agreement and trudged away.

*What movie?

5 comments:

Jessica @ Little Nesting Doll said...

Fever Pitch.

And I am right there with your hubby and Eldest. Damn Red Sox are going to blow it...the writing is on the wall. Again. Excuse me while I go cry...

Major Bedhead said...

There is no joy in Mudville.

I'm dying over here. I spend most of my nights screaming at the television and cursing Francona, Gagne, Theo and anyone else I can think of.

This is agonizing.

Chicky Chicky Baby said...

When I heard how much our lead had dwindled I threw up in my mouth. Yeah, not pretty.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

My sister has bathed my kids too---it is like Christmas when my kids arrive home smelling clean.

Amanda said...

Fever Pitch. I was at one of the games they filmed, Stephen King threw the first pitch, helicopters buzzed overhead, Briar kicked in my belly. At the bar they carded me, saw the NY license and grimaced, I said, "What, are you kidding me? I'm breeding Sox fans."

Here's to them turning it around.

And yes, if it's a girl, our marital intervention worries are over. All we need to do is mix and match.