Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Elizabeth Stone House

Did you read last Friday's Boston Globe story about the fire at the Elizabeth Stone House?

To think that these women and children had to be traumatized once again - that they were once again left with nothing - made me want to help.

I belong to a mother's group in my town, and we received an email from one of the managers requesting help. Maybe you want to help too:

One of the shelter managers suggested gift cards which will help these women purchase basic necessities if/when they are placed in other temporary shelters. Specifically, she recommended Target, Stop & Shop or other major grocery stores. Anything--even $25--will help.

If you are able, please send donations to :
The Elizabeth Stone House
attn: Rebecca Allen, Senior Manager
PO Box 3000039
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a couple of stop and slop gift certs I keep for a 'rainy day' that I'm going to pop in the mail. It's not much, but it's a start. Thanks for letting me know. I read the NY times because I'm a snob! :-)

Namito said...

This is just horrible. It's not like there are nearly enough safe places for women anyway.

And now this.

Thanks for the info.

Fairly Odd Mother said...

Wow, thanks for mentioning this. I will see what I can do.

icancarryallthebagsandthebabiestoo said...

I will most certainly donate to this cause. I'll probably send a gift card for a nationwide store because I don't live in Boston, but my family is all from the area.